If you have been focusing your Facebook growth strategy on growing your Likes, read the facts below, weep and then read on further for the solutions …
- Only 1% of users who like a Facebook Business Page will visit your page again (Hubspot)
- Less than 2% of Facebook Followers will see your content at all (Hubspot)
- 79% of people say User Generated Content (UGC) highly impacts their purchasing decisions (Stackla’s Bridging the Gap Report, 2019)
The good news is that there are several ways for you to grow your Followers with UGC – here are just four:
- Collect Independent Client Reviews: Positive reviews from clients are at the core of an effective UGC strategy.
- Run a Competition/Event/Campaign: This can really boost that much-needed buzz about your brand. The key to success however is to ensure that the reward is exciting enough to encourage participation.
- Offer Incentives: People love to be rewarded for their efforts – it’s that simple! And the reward can be as simple as reposting a tweet or featuring their article on your website.
- Feature individuals who live your brand: make people who live your brand the face of your company.
Developing a UGC strategy helps grow the authenticity of your brand. It will also increase trust in your brand. And, most importantly, always remember: your brand only has one voice – your customers have many!!