As the trucking industry prepares for another unpredictable and disruptive year ahead, the Road Freight Association’s (RFA) Operational Conference will cover some of the major operational issues operators face. The half-day conference takes place on Thursday 3 December 2020 at Emperors Palace on the East Rand, Gauteng.
Packed with topical issues and great speakers, including well-known industry personalities and leaders, the Programme highlights include:
- The Impact of the New Border Management Authority Bill by Louise Wiggett, Managing Director of Global Trade Solutions
- AARTO: It’s really about the Points! by Kevin van der Merwe – Head of Certifications and Operations at the RFA
- Transport Contracts: Dotting the Ts and Crossing the Is by Quintin Honey: Director, Corporate Commercial: Cliff Dekker & Hofmeyr
- Insurance Claims – How to Reduce Your Risk of Repudiation by Steve Cornelius – Head of Risk: Indwe Risk Services
- Fuel Theft by Derek Watts of television programme Carte Blanche
- The 4th Industrial Revolution and Trucking
- Economic Update by Mike Schűssler, Founder of Economists.co.za
- Adapting to Change and Overcoming Tough Times by former Springboks ruby coach Jake White
“There are many actions that road freight operators can take at an operational level that will reduce pressure on their business and create more stability and sustainability for them in the longer term,” says the RFA’s Chief Executive Officer Gavin Kelly. “The aim of our Operational Conference is to give attendees the tools, knowledge and networks that they need to support them in these uneasy times. This event is very practical and action-orientated – with a strong focus on actionable insights”.
To register for the event, email Shantal Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org RFA members receive a discounted rate to attend.